How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Two political events I missed

Last Friday, I thought our last minute visit to KL was just nice for me to attend this forum at Menara PKNS where Nik Nazmi was involved, hosted by Sepakat @ Common Ground. He invited me via Facebook but I wasn’t sure of making the trip, so I did not confirm whether I was going or not.

We were supposed to visit a relation at Pantai Hospital, a suspected dengue case. We reached there around 7.30pm, but under the circumstances, I just did not have the heart to say, ‘I am off to a forum!’ Then I thought I could just dropped by to say hello to Nik but by the time we finished dinner, it was past 10pm! I have read his post in his own website that it was attended by 70 people. If only I knew it was so cosy, I would have made an effort as I always have this impression that the key persons at a forum or ceramah would be too busy to have any time for me.

Anyway, the other reason why I did not make an effort was that we had news of another relation on his way back from Cambodia, after a harrowing car accident. It involved four persons and the only one conscious managed to pull out the others before the car caught fire and exploded!

While in KL, on Sunday, a friend texted, asking me if I was going to the event at Tow Boo Keong in Ipoh but I was still in KL then. To me, it is still ‘family comes first’.

Having read Anil Netto’s post, it turned out YB Sivakumar was given a standing ovation by an estimated 5,000 people!

No comments: