How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Blog virus?

This morning, I found my sidebar item, 'Politically correct quotable quotes' in disarray while the 'Chinese Poem' seemed ok. In trying to sort out the mess, I accidentally deleted everything in it. This goes to show how risky it can be with what we have in a site without back-up.


The following letter is NOT attacked by virus. Nevertheless, the poor English can still be overlooked, if applicant has the 'X' factor!


Resimay

To hoom it mei kansern,


I waunt to aply for the job what I saw in the paper.


I can Type realee quik wit one finggar and do sum a counting.


I think I am good on the phone and I no I am a pepole person, Pepole really seam to respond to me well. Certain women and all the menn.


I no my spelling is not to good but find that I Offen can get a job thru my persinalety.


My salerery is open so we can diskas wat you want to pay me and wat you think that I am wort,


I can start emeditely. Thank you in advanse fore yore anser.


hopfuly Yore best aplicant so farr.


Sinseerly,
lotty


PS : Because my resimay is a bit short - below is a pickture of me.


Employer's response:

Dear Lotty,

It's OK honey, we've got spell check.

Can you start on Monday?

Kosong Too

No comments: