How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Why I do not find closure with YES termination of my account


Unlike other prepaid, YES continued charging monthly Rm30 after I had informed them last October. Now they could only confirm my account has been closed with no mention of any outstanding amount being written off. They used the word 'forfeit' which to my understanding relates more to any amount to my credit, not debit. The fact that they did not send any statements before and I had to check my account online, leaves me with this feeling of suspense with no real closure. Why can't they state specifically that whatever was in my account is considered written off? I think all those who have accounts with YES should check their balances with them, to prevent a shocking revelation of amounts owing by them (to YES).

Reference no. : SR 489250-409036924
Dear K S Ong ,
Thank you for contacting Yes Care.
Kindly be advised that your has been closed as per requested.
Thank you for your feedback and support.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at             018-3330000       if you have any further inquiries.
Always at your service,
Meira.
Customer advocate
Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2012 12:14 PM
Subject:  : Re: Re: Termination of Account

I am disappointed because you fail to confirm in writing that whatever amount outstanding under my name has been cleared. This is troubling me because there was no paper statement before and I have to take your word for it. The word 'forfeit' is suitable for use when there is any credit in my account, not so-called outstanding amount as a result of your unilateral monthly charges. Your system is so different from other prepaid types where there are no monthly charges. How would I know whether my account and balance is still kept in your company's record and shown as a debtor for years to come? There is even a possibility that my account be used as though it is still active with monthly charges to prop up your company's sales revenue and debtors.

Please confirm to my satisfaction that my account is now closed and there is no outstanding balance.

K S Ong


From: "yescare@yes.my"
To: kosong_cafe@yahoo.com
Sent: Friday, June 1, 2012 3:50 PM
Subject: Re: Re: Termination of Account
Reference no. : SR 489250-409036924,
Dear KS Ong,
Thank you for contacting Yes Care.
With reference to your inquiry, Your email has been noted. We will proceed to close your account as per-request.
Thank you for the support and we are sad to see you go.
Please do not hesitate to contact us again at 018-333 0000  if you have any further inquiries.
Always at your service,
Rishveen.K
Customer advocate
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 11:53 AM
Subject:  Termination of Account
The required details are as follows:-
Name : Ong Kok Son
Yes ID : Kosongcafe
Account Type: Prepaid
Reason of Termination: Service does not meet my requirement.
Contact Number: 016 6894749
Please confirm that any outstanding amount shown in your account is considered written off or waived.
K S Ong


From: "yescare@yes.my"
To: kosong_cafe@yahoo.com
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 9:56 AM
Subject: Re:
Reference no. : SR 489250-409036924,
Dear KS Ong,
Thank you for contacting Yes Care.
Kindly be informed that the a minimum monthly usage of RM 30 is required to maintain your Yes account based on your billing cycle monthly. Refer link provided. http://www.yes.my/v3/support/faq/yes-account.do
However,please be informed that your plan is prepaid plan and once the account terminated the amount and charges in your account will be forfeited immediately.
Please provide us with the information below so that we may assist you to terminate the account.:
Name :
Yes ID :
Account Type: Prepaid / Postpaid
Reason of Termination:
Contact Number:
Kindly send us an email from your Yes mail or your registered email address for us to proceed with the account termination.
Please take note that all the balance in your account will be forfeited prior to account termination.
Alternatively you may contact us at 0183330000 if you need any further assistance.
Always at your service,
Asna Azurin
Customer Advocate
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 3:28 PM
Subject:
I wish to know on what basis I have accumulated the outstanding amount, with Rm30 added each month since I notified about my intention to terminate my account in October. I signed up because of being told by the sales personnel in Gurney Plaza that I will be billed only for what I have used. By offering to waive the outstanding amount only if I sign for something else, without first replying to my earlier query is most disgusting. I would not like my name to appear on your list of debtors which might be blacklisted elsewhere later. Please answer my question on how I ended up with this outstanding amount even without using your service. I will complain to MCMC if I do not get a satisfactory reply from you.
KS Ong

Link

3 comments:

Ahmad said...

Hi.

I am in a similar situation. Somehow I felt cheated cos it is suppose to be prepaid. I was not aware of the minimum charges. But I want to cont using it. Do you think I should just pay the outstanding? Or close my account and make a new one?

KoSong Cafe said...

I am not in a position to advise you on this. But I can remember YES offered to waive earlier outstanding amount (when I made clear my intention not to continue), when they offered a certain package. Perhaps you should try negotiating with YES on this.

Anonymous said...

HI,

Im facing the same problem.The outcome is that they have blacklisted my name.They are the worst network service provider.