How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

KTMB stand for 'Kami Tak Mahu Balas'?

...in Malay, it means 'We do not want to reply'.

My Petition to KTMB appears to be hitting a wall, with no reply apart from their automatic response to my email. It may be an old issue and therefore not worth their trouble to look into it, but I will be going on and on whenever I have the chance.

I have stopped asking people to support my Petition because it is not going to help if they are not going to reply. Perhaps, my citizen's initiative is a wrong approach in our country because the people in charge of GLCs will only listen to political bigwigs or political pressure. But I had to go through the process, if only, to prove this point.

To be honest, getting 1,000 signatures if I were to go personally instead of online, could be easier. As to the Poll, I actually leave it to visitors of my blog who are mainly from outside Batu Gajah, which explains the low number.

I sense some similarity when I read Nades's complaint about the secretary-general of the Domestic Trade, Cooperatives and Consumerism Ministry...

Just imagine, if a well known journalist has had to face such problems, who am I to expect anything from the great KTMB? They are not bothered with poor sales of train tickets, let alone looking at complaints which might incur additional expenses which would affect unfavourably to costs control and the bottomline, yet too small to interest those who matter who would prefer big deals only.

Silence will not bury issues
by Nadeswaran

http://www.sun2surf.com/article.cfm?id=40733

Excerpts:

“One comes across all kinds of people. There are those who genuinely believe in a cause and stick steadfastly to their views and opinions; there are publicity-seekers who believe the cause will take them places when their statements appear in the newspapers; there are some who see the need to protect their cause because it is their duty to do so failing which they may lose their jobs or income; some remain silent when the cause they support is under attack; and there is a final category of those who have embraced the denial syndrome. Despite repeated assertions that those who feel aggrieved on anything written have a right-to-reply, there are many who choose not to exercise the option for reasons better known to themselves.”...

“But Mohd Zain has different ideas. He chose not to reply. On Nov 14, I sent him an email with a terse one-line note: (I am) still waiting for your reply to my response.

There was no response and I sent another note on Nov 22 which read: I am still waiting for your response. You have not addressed the issues which I raised in response to your letter which I published in full. It is coming to a month -- almost!

I do not want to be accused of not allowing your views on this issue. Besides, I know for a fact that the KSN has instructed all KSUs to reply to media inquiries within two days.

Please treat this as urgent and important to the image of the government. Let me also suggest that by being oblivious or by taking a “no comment” attitude, the problem is not going to go away.

As I put pen to paper yesterday, there’s been no communication from him. And yet, many civil servants will support him when it is said that Citizen-Nades “does not have nice things to say” about civil servants.”...

Link

No comments: