How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Sunday, February 27, 2011

I said Yes to YES...

even when there is no coverage yet in Batu Gajah!

(This picture has no connection with YES, just for laughs, ok?)


That was how convincing YTL's YES tagline, 'Fastest 4G Mobile Internet with Voice' to me.

I was in Gurney Plaza last Friday (in Penang again, because wife needed to sort out her travel details with Holiday Tours and Travel, don't ask me why in this day and age...) where there was an exhibition by House of Notebooks in connection with YES promotion. Coincidentally, I handed something to this woman just before we left for Penang, and her husband's work involves putting up YES's transmission towers. Yet, BG has yet to have coverage. I was convinced by its potential in making cheap overseas call and influenced by its speed when viewing Youtube without problems with buffering. But when I got back, I realized that it goes well only with a 'buzz 4G Cloud Phone' which is tagged as 'an all in one 4G mobile phone that is powered by the Internet'. It was a good job, I have yet to buy anything myself. Now I recall having heard about YES partnering with Samsung in their 4G network installation of transmission towers.

The whole concept is still new to most people, including myself, but I believe its potential is great in terms of pinching customers from existing 3G and other lesser providers, if their claims could be realized. I have yet to get a taste of it, probably when in PJ in a few days time. Probably when the dongle works, I will dangle it to tempt my son to have it!

Link

No comments: