How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Having to choose between KTM and ETS

My brother-in-law had just invited me to stay over at his place in KL before attending a wedding dinner on Saturday night. He said he looks forward to spending time with me since we are old (he is 12 years my senior). He promised to pick me at Kepong station. But unfortunately, our part-time plumber is coming tomorrow evening to do some repairs.

I have yet to check the train schedules and availability of ticket of KTM and ETS. But the choice is between a slow 3-hour (provided no delay) by KTM and a fast 2-hour by ETS. The fares are Rm15 and Rm26 for senior citizens respectively. But there is also the problem of no stops in KL (except the 6pm train) if I were to take ETS. So it is between taking a slower train but able to get off in Kepong or a faster train but having to take the Komuter from KL Sentral back to Kepong! Apart from finding out if the departure/arrival times suit me, the choice is quite clear that I would opt for KTM because I could get off between 15-30 minutes (my guess) before train reaches KL Sentral, rather than reaching KL Sentral earlier and having to take the Komuter back to Kepong (especially having read about occasional delays as complained by Komuter users).

Update: Don't take my word for the fares mentioned above though I remember having paid such fares before. Fares and schedules vary, depending on whether it is a weekday or weekend, or Class. I normally travel Superior (aka second class) and there is also Economy if by KTM, and I have just bought my ticket for ETS which is described as Premier! The fare for senior from BG to Kepong Sentral is Rm19. Btw, I have just found out that for Saturdays, trains leaving BG just after 10 am, 2pm and 4pm also stop at Kepong Sentral. Ticketing counters for both KTM and ETS are open from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm. and the telephone No: 05-3666616. It would be wise to call first to enquire whether ticket for specific time is available.


Link

No comments: