How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Monday, March 19, 2012

Digi did give me problems

Got a message on Sunday morning at 7.12 am (Digi is a nuisance where this is concerned, waking people up for all kinds of other unsolicited messages as well) with a message: "Your prepaid card will be restricted tomorrow. Reload to stay connected." Isn't this clear enough that restriction begins the next day?

I was with wife and daughter in Amcorp Mall on Sunday. Met an old school senior (84) and chatted in a mamak shop. Later another school senior who knew my late brother, with his friend, joined us. Old Sek Kong was considerate enough in telling me to go and look for my wife. As I walked around the usual stalls of the flea market looking for them, I met a friend, ex-singer Timmy Koong and again, had a chat. Finally, found wife in Ka Fei Dian, complaining they had been calling me many times without success. It was only then I realized that 'Emergency calls only' was shown on my phone. I could accept the fact that I could not make calls (other than the wrong notice mentioned above) but not even receive calls? Has there been a change in Digi service?

Update: The 'Emergency calls only' is definitely different from the past when a prepaid customer could expect to receive calls, and able to reload using the same sim card in the phone. I tried to call my own number from our fixed line as well as using the cell phone to call for reload like before, without success. I had to call 016 2991800 and follow the recorded instructions which included keying in my number to be reloaded, followed by the re-load number and told to wait for 10 minutes. It so happened, no sign of sms message to inform me of reload success. So I tried by switching off the phone and on it again, and only then I got it done, with info that I had 20 missed calls!

The other thing to note about Digi is that what used to be Rm10 reload for 5-day internet access is now only for 2 days (Rm5 a day)! For Rm30, one gets 10 days which work out at Rm3 a day. This is for the purpose of calculating the extra costs when there was TMnet service breakdown.

Link

No comments: