How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Double Vision's Forget me not

First of all, I find Forget me not on NTV 7 interesting enough to catch up on the episodes whenever I am at home. Maybe, I am just a tv addict who would watch anything that comes along. But I had to know the storyline before I would continue watching. Otherwise, not watching tv is ok with me.

I think the person who did the casting did a bad job on a few counts. I tried to find out the name of the young actress who was Xue Ming when young, without success. She looks a sweet 16, and was with two sons aged some 7 and 5 at least, which made her too incredibly young to be their mother. The two sons, as adults were Yang Wei Yi (William San) and mentally challenged Yang Wei Hao (credibly acted by Coby Chong).

Xue Ming was acted by Remon Lim who I found not to be a good choice to be the adult face of the young actress. So when Wei Yi was shown recalling the semblance of his mother acted by Remon, there was not a bit of resemblance at all with the young actress who acted as the young mother!

The first wife of Li Xin De (Jordan Voon), Yong En (Angela Chan Mei Ngor), who was supposed to have been with him for the past 30 years looks prettier than his second wife Xue Ming (Remon Lim) who had been with him for the past 20 years. Of course, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and Xin De could have been attracted because of her business acumen. But surely the choice of actresses should take into account the general opinion of the audience too, and I am sure my judgment is not too far out. The jury is out there and any comment for or against my opinion is most welcome indeed.

For once, I like Jordan Voon's acting because of the principled character Xin De he portrayed.

For looks, I like Wayne (what a macho name for a girl) Chua or Cai Pei Xuan, who acted as Jane Lin Li Wen and Jojo Goh who acted as Annie Li Ruo Tong. Angela Chan looks great for her age. The sweet actress who acted as young Xue Ming too.

I have gone against my better judgment by offering my unsolicited opinions on the above. By saying someone is pretty is also implying someone else is not.

Others in the cast:
Adrian Tan as Li Jin Bao, Leslie Chai as Kent Li Guo Xiu, Seek Fook Yee as Mei Yi, William San as Yang Wei Yi.

Synopsis in The Star:
http://ecentral.my/news/story.asp?file=/2011/8/3/tvnradio/9216694&sec=tvnradio
Link

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good, Keep it up it was a useful visit. Visit: deccansojourn (India’s leading online gift portal).