How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What TM giveth, TM taketh

When I got back from KL last Saturday, I could not connect through my Streamyx broadband. Normally, by switching off and wait for a few minutes, and then try again I would be successful, but not this time. I tried and tried without success. The obvious sign of problem was the internet light showing red on the modem.

I tried to reset by opening a browser and go to http://192.168.1.1, enter 'admin' as the Username and Password in the Log in Authentication page. Under Basic Menu, click Quick Start; Enter the Username and Password for my internet account and then click Connect. Still no luck.

I used my new modem and ended up not being able to go past the first stage because I appeared to have keyed in incorrect Username or Password! I hope it can be undone by someone who knows better. But I shall leave that for now.

I called up Telekom and one Azmi answered my call for help. I told him that previously, someone from TM was able to connect for me, step by step via the telephone. But this Azmi did not live up to his name of 'Ask Me' because he said that my Aztech modem is not on TM's list of modems and he did not have the manual to be able to help me! He gave me a complaint number and promised a technician will contact me within 40 hours!

On Sunday morning, I was thinking of going into an internet cafe to check my mail while on my way to get the papers. But I tried again before I went out (some would call it withdrawal symptom) and hey, I was connected! Without any call from a technician, I got my connection back. The question is 'What did I do right?' If I had done right, why didn't I get connected soon after re-setting? But I am comforted by the fact that my 'trial and error' at the setting part was usable. Hours later, I got the following message on my mobile phone:

Surprise text message (from a fixed line?):
60377299900

TM Helpdesk: Dear valued customer, we're pleased to inform that your connection is now restored. If your problem still persist, kindly contact 100/ 1300(...)

Doesn't that give me the impression TM can take back the connection at will?
Link

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a very interesting problem with TM. I was kind and gave TM extra RM300 when I paid my bill few months back. After that I have this lady claiming to be from TM calling me every 10 days or so asking me to pay my outstanding debt of RM300! I said how can I owe TM RM300 when I pay TM excess? She said she doesn't know but the record showed negative. I said it is negative because now TM owed me. She said I was wrong and asked me to pay the sum or TM will sue me. Every time I called billing dept at 100 they said your account having excess but yet I have this psycho asking me to pay up. I complained to TM through the webform. They promised to come back to me in 3 days. It has been a week now nobody contact me yet. I suspect the psycho will call me to pay up soon as I have maintained the excess to see the stupidity of TM. That's the problem with monopoly.