How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Why I can't be an optimist

I thought I had more than enough time from KLIA (touchdown was half an hour earlier than scheduled 3.00 pm) to Section 14, then to KL Sentral to catch the 6.05 train back to BG. After all, the last time, I managed to take a cab from Saujana Hotel in Subang at 5.00pm to Kelana Jaya LRT station and managed to reach KL Sentral with just 15 minutes to buy ticket and board train. This time I was there at 5.00 pm, but for the first time, all tickets sold out! Only those for 10.00 pm available. I had to call my friend, Peter if it was ok for him to fetch me at 12.45 am before I bought the ticket.

Nee left immediately after dropping me off, so I had more than 4 hours to kill before boarding the train. After some calls, it was decided that she comes for me so that I could have dinner at sister-in-law's house, though I just had a quick nasi lemak with beef rendang. To avoid having ticket but missed the train, we left the house at 9.10 pm for KL Sentral. It was a breeze at that hour unlike earlier when it was just after work. As it turned out, the 10.00 pm train was delayed, initially by 15 minutes but when we left, it was 26 minutes behind schedule. The crowd was amazing as I could see almost the whole lot of people waiting were passengers instead of the usual some who were sending people off. I would say the delay was partly due to more passengers getting on and off, as it was a Butterworth bound (not sure from where) instead of the usual Ipoh destination from KL. It was a much longer train with extra coaches. When we reached BG, it was 1.34 am, a total delay of 49 minutes. I had to ask two persons to make sure it was BG because where I got off, it was dark and far from the lit station. As luck would have it, the train stopped at the far side which required going up the pedestrian crossing to get over to the station side. Incidentally, Peter told me of a recent trip when his wife was carrying a luggage bag up the bridge and nearly fell backwards. Luckily two other passengers helped her. His complaint to a newspaper was not published.
Link

No comments: