How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Some people do not have common sense



One day I was walking down the beach with some friends when someone shouted...
'Look at that dead bird!'
Someone looked up at the sky and said...'where?'

While looking at a house, my brother asked the estate agent which direction was north because he didn't want the sun waking him up every morning.
She asked, 'Does the sun rise in the north?'
My brother explained that the sun rises in the east and has for sometime. She shook her head and said, 'Oh, I don't keep up with all that stuff...'

My sister has a lifesaving tool in her car which is designed to cut through a seat belt if she gets trapped. She keeps it in the car trunk.

I couldn't find my luggage at the airport baggage area and went to the lost luggage office and reported the loss.
The woman there smiled and told me not to worry because she was a trained professional and said I was in good hands. 'Now,' she asked me, 'Has your plane arrived yet?'

While working at a pizza parlor I observed a man ordering a small pizza to go. He appeared to be alone and the cook asked him if he would like it cut into 4 pieces or 6. He thought about it for some time then said 'Just cut it into 4 pieces; I don't think I'm hungry enough to eat 6 pieces.
Link

3 comments:

STEADYAKU47 said...

Bro I do wish Najib had some common sense too! Thanks for making me smile this morning!

CLY said...

My French teacher once posed the question to us. "What is the color of King of France's white horse?" We were too imersed in the naunce of the language and none of us could answer that.
You can say we can see the trees for the forest. Some of us could not tie shoelaces or record on our VCR.
Well thats life, relax and enjoy and smell the flowers along the way. If you rush through life, it will be over sooner.

KoSong Cafe said...

Bro Hussein, I had a surreal feeling when I watched Najib giving a speech in Kazakhstan on local tv: imagine him touching on good governance, honesty and all the politically correct stuff!

CLY, when I was in Paris many years ago, asking a French lady for directions, I did not even realize the place she was mentioning because of the very different pronunciation.