How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Monday, October 04, 2010

A wish for a wrist phone...

Hi, guys,

You all know I've been waiting for the 2GHz smartphone (Motoroala, HTC, Samsung, or whichever comes first) sometime this X'mas, probably an Android phone.

Then came iPad, now BlackBerry's PlayBook, and then who knows what. A good friend of mine bought a DroidPad from CSL, a 7" tablet running on latest Android 2.2. It was of the right size and something really interesting and new. It has WiFi and a phone capability.

Then earlier there was a Dell Streak smartphone with a 5" display...

Now I'm one of those who really like new gizmo, and my daughter tells me that in S'pore, there are lots of youngsters walking around with their Apple's iPad, a huge 10" tablet that's really awkward and it has no phone capability. It's the in-thing, a status quo or something to do with being in the forefront of techno gizmo.

Guess I feel like that too, albeit a little too old, thus a little slower on the uptake of technology, due primarily to financial contraints.

" I wanna be a millionaire so freaking bad..., To buy all the things I never had.."

Well, if I'm freaking loaded, I now turn my interest to wristphones, not iPad, or HTC smartphones.

I chanced upon a wristphone by Kempler & Strauss, retailing at RM1199, but price is negotiable. Very interesting...

So why am I not a freaking millionaire????

Kempler & Strauss wrist phone watch:

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/01/new-watch-phone-w/

WatchPhone:

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/01/new-watch-phone-w/

Just go google wristphone or watchphone, and you realized that all famous Brands (Sony Ericcson, LG, Nokia, Samsung, etc.. are all releasing their own wristphones.

After all, a phone is just a phone. And if you wear it on your wrist, it's really convenient. All wristphones can display the time and date of the day, so it can really replace your Rolex and your Nokia. Wow... technology...

I'm now watching this new trend. Since I browse the 'Net on my desktop with my 19" LCD, i dun really need a smartphone like a Droid HTC or iPhone, but a really small and convenient wristphone. This techno device is not really there yet, but heck, if I'm a millionaire, what's RM 1 grand !! heck, I may still get my Droid 2GHz smartphone, as well, to live it up.

Ha ha,
Rgds,
KC

(Sorry old chap, for making public your wish and ficklemindedness. I have edited some minor typo errors as well as changed from 'b' to 'm' for the word 'billionaire'. Surely you don't need to be a billionaire to be able to afford such gadgets or gizmos, if you like. If you are already a millionaire, then my most sincere apologies for insulting your financial status.)
Link

No comments: