How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Friday, March 03, 2006

Responsive MPPJ

Back in 2001, when I enquired about procedure to inform MPPJ on change of ownership, I was told to fill up a form “Borang I” which among other things, specifically required copy of title which was presumed to be one that shows the new owner.

After one year, we went on a wild goose chase which involved going to Shah Alam land office, which required a payment of Rm50 and the need to call before returning to collect the duplicate title. Much to our disgust, what we got was an exact copy of the old title!

Since then, we had been paying Assessment bills addressed to the previous owner.

But recently bills for second half year of 2005 and first half of this year were not delivered, presumably the previous owner must have given instructions to the Post Office to re-direct all his mail.

Since my son, the house owner, is planning to leave for UK, the matter becomes urgent, besides having bothered me for the past few years.

Out of frustration and exasperation, I wrote an email to the Head of Valuation Department, informing her of our plight. I waited for a couple of weeks but no reply.

Last Monday, one of my assignments on our trip to KL was to obtain a duplicate copy of Assessment bill and pay it for the time being. While waiting for my turn to pay, I just felt like asking the person at the Enquiry counter. To my surprise, she said for this month only, we can use our Sale and Purchase Agreement (instead of the title) for the purpose and I was told to go to counter 9A (the A suggests newly created temporary counter).

Upon reaching the counter, the man looking at the copy of S&PA I was holding, said I could use that if I want. I was taken by surprise by the whole thing and I told him that I have to have it copied first and also I am waiting for my turn to pay.

I mentioned to him about my email to the Head of Valuation Department and he said that was the reason for the relaxation in procedure! That really made my day.

But I was still disappointed with the Head for not replying my email. Moreover, I found out only by chance! The “amnesty period” could have come and gone without me knowing it and my tension with my wife (co-owner) over this particular matter would have continued unabated!

Did I hear someone asking what has this got to do with me?

No comments: