Top 10 issues in Pakatan's manifesto
1. Shutting down the Lynas plant (environmental sustainability; review oil refinery project in Pengerang)
2. Abolishing the AES (to emphasise on safer road infrastructure, education for road users and warning measures instead of the current punitive approach).
3. Putting the brakes on healthcare tax (dubbed the '1Care system').
4. Promoting media freedom (abolish all legislation that restrict media freedom, like PPPA).
5. Freeing all ISA detainees (within first year)
6. Affordable housing (150,000 affordable homes in the low-cost category (below RM75,000) and medium-cost category (below RM250,000) within its first term).
7. Policing ( reallocate to increase the size of the CID by reducing the GOF)
8. Free education, abolishing PTPTN (education as the people’s right and the government’s responsibility)
9. Lowering fuel, electricity and water charges (by cutting subsidies to IPPs and taking over toll and water concessionaires)
10. Reducing foreign workers by one million (within 5 years to create jobs for locals).
More details (available to subscribers only):
For the full or brief version of Manifesto Rakyat, with choice of Bahasa Malaysia, English, Chinese, Tamil, Iban or Kadazan: