How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Tuesday, June 04, 2013

DAP's Leong Ngah Ngah and his daughter won in their state constituencies in Pahang

'I was born and raised in Triang, married in Triang and also contested as a candidate in Triang. I think I would even pass away in Triang (laughs). I am a Triang boy through and through...'

'... As for my political career, I joined DAP in 1978 at the age of 23. I started contesting in 1986. I lost marginally then, by over two hundred votes. I contested again in 1990, and have won the election contests since then. My political career as a state assemblyman (ADUN) coincided with Tok Guru’s (Dato Nik Aziz Nik Mat) ascension as Menteri Besar in Kelantan at the same time. Yes, I have been an ADUN for 20 years.'

More:
Leong Ngah Ngah: A Pahang boy through and through
http://www.therocket.com.my/en/leong-ngah-ngah-a-pahang-boy-through-through/

This morning I was having breakfast with a retired teacher who had taught Leong in Triang before. He told me about Leong's popularity in Pahang, especially after he won again in a different state constituency of N1 Tanah Rata (which is under P78 Cameron Highlands) in GE13. On top of that, his daughter, Leong Yu Man, won in his stronghold of N38 Triang (which is under P90 Bera).

It was news to me, and I think it is worth a mention about this relatively unknown fact.

From GE13 results:

N1 Tanah Rata, Pahang
Leong Ngah Ngah (DAP) 7,878;
Datuk Ho Yip Kap (BN-MCA) 4,734;
Dr Cheam May Choo (Ind) 408;
Majority: 3,144; Spoilt 333; Turnout: 13,353.

N38 Triang, Pahang
Leong Yu Man (DAP) 10,076;
Tan Tin Loon (BN-Ger) 5,067;
Majority: 5,009; Spoilt 242; Turnout: 15,385.
Link

No comments: