How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Let down by Maxis

Since Dec 8, 2012, I was trying out Maxis home wifi with the basic Rm59 pm package. I had to top-up 1 GB (Rm18) twice, each time my quota for peak hours (8am to 2 am) was used up (the 1.5 GB allocated to unearthly hours 2am to 8 am) was literally untouched. So you can imagine how I had to use sparingly, even changing the embedded Sukan 1 Malaysia in my blogsite to reduce the use of memory space.

It had to happen on January 7 (end of first month), the day before Metka left, when the Maxis modem showed flashing red light. This was a sign that my account was suspended (found out later when I return from KLIA) for not taking part in their verification process! Nobody told me about this and I actually told the girl who called up a few days earlier that I was suspicious over such calls for personal details. Earlier I was disappointed over their sales pitch that your internet would not be disconnected, just throttled to a slow speed. Now I was actually cut off! Imagine my embarrassment when Cheng and Metka could not use the internet. Since they were not in a hurry, I left it till later.

It appears as though I had jumped from the TM boiling pot right into the Maxis frying pan! Looking back, if not for my wife's iPad which requires wifi, I was happy with TM's cable internet with unlimited use. But alas, with their 'suka hati' and 'tak kisah' attitude, I had to try out something else. I wonder if YES could have been better, but I did not use it because at the time, I could not terminate TM yet, and my main complaint was the continual charging of Rm30 pm, which could be charged for period unused even if one were to stop subscription earlier and continue again. But one thing is for sure: for those who need to use internet continuously, the only way is to go for unlimited packages (preferably using fibre optic), subject to their area of coverage, reliability and service. For now, I need to go through the remainder of Maxis's required minimum 12-month subscription before I can consider alternatives. I can change my lifestyle by being awake and making use of their unearthly hours (2am to 8 am)!
Link

No comments: