How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Monday, April 11, 2011

Patrick Teoh, now better known as Niamah, the mother of all news readers...

is best known for his news reading... even Tun Dr. Mahathir and Sultan Azlan Shah knew him as one...

“I was at a supermarket at the old Yow Chuan Plaza in KL when I saw a bunch of thuggish-looking men with handle-bar moustaches. As I pushed my cart, I thought to myself that there must be some VIP in the premises. As I turned the corner into the next aisle, who do I bump into but the man himself! I of course apologised, and he said, ‘Yes, hello Patrick. How are you? Still reading the news?’ I replied I wasn’t and went on my way.

“I met him again when Marina his daughter invited me to a Hari Raya do at their house which was at Seri Perdana at the time. I was sitting at my table, when I spied Mahathir walking to the entrance of the house. And there he stood alone. I decided to go up to him and wish him. Once again, he said, ‘Well hello, Patrick. How are you? Still reading the news?’”

Patrick didn’t quite get to have conversation with Mahathir because when the rest of the guests spotted the good doctor, they ran up to him and shoved Patrick out of the way, resulting in him being pushed down the stairs.

To go back to the question of Patrick still reading the news, it happened also with Sultan Azlan Shah when he was the Yang di-Pertuan Agong.

“I attended a function where he was the guest of honour. When it was time for him to leave, we all had to line up outside and see him off. When he saw me, he said, ‘Hello Patrick. Still reading the news? With RTM right?’ I replied no I wasn’t but I was once with TV3. The King then said, ‘RTM or TV3, they are all the same.’”

More where that came from:


Link

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Asia Sentinel has quite an interesting article on the 1MDB. It does not say Najib is innocent. Infact quite the opposite, and some more about 1MDB (cruelly referred to as "1 Malaysia Dah Bankrup' by some rude people).