How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Online Friend

(This picture is just to make it look interesting)

I received the following email forwarded by an online friend who is also one of my regular breakfast 'kakis'. For those retirees who use internet, they are 'one up' over those who do not, not that it is a big deal, just being able to know something ahead of them. It is quite similar to those who refuse to acknowledge the importance of English in gaining information from the rest of the world. Wait for the translation?

Anyway, among computer users, the knowledge ranges from those who just know how to surf the net to those who are able to write software programs. For those ordinary users, there is a vast difference as to how much each person knows... even in the usage of what is available. So many features are left unused because of the lack of knowledge. One good example is this email, which has all kinds of graphic and animation which I am unable (lack of knowledge) to transfer on to this page. So, here it is, without the interesting features:

I had some free time, so what did I do? I checked the computer to see if I'd heard from you!

I used to walk out to a box to retrieve mail. But I'd rather get it instantly, than wait on the snail!

Checking my e-mail is always fun! I usually get a joke or greeting from someone.

I feel so blessed because on the other end, I know I've connected with a friend!

When I've had a hard day and need to share, Here I can find a friend who will listen and care

And to this friend I hope I've let them know, That I am always there for them also!

Isn't it a strange kind of bond we form? It isn't exactly like the "norm"!

But, where is it written, face to face we must be, For you to be a very good friend to me??

That little joke or note, or just a simple "Hi", Could be like a ray of sunshine from the sky!

So my online pals, this is dedicated to you, For all the smiles you have made anew!

May our friendship continue to grow, And the warmth we feel continue to flow!

Always remember this...


A smile is such an easy thing to pass along the way,
Like a ray of summer sunshine, On a somewhat gloomy day!!

Thank you for being my Online Friend!!!

No comments: